Wake up like every morning and on a good day when you look in the mirror you see that you’ve got a pimple on your face! Does that ring a bell? Don’t worry, it’s happened to all of us!
And you’re wondering, if I’m not a teenager anymore, why do I have acne?
“Acne is not just a problem for teenagers,” says Dr. Michelle Hines, Director of the Mary Kay Clinical Research and Laboratory Center, who says that in the case of women, pimples can appear as early as menopause.
Curiosities and Tricks to Reduce Granites
- Even if everyone thinks that a granite can appear overnight, a pore starts to clog weeks before you see it on your face.
- Hence the importance of being constant, as the results will not magically appear either! That’s why it’s important to have a daily skin care routine and not to forget about any steps.
- Remember to wash your hands before applying skin care products or makeup.
- Wash your face after washing your hair! Many hair products contain ingredients that can cause acne breakouts.
- To keep your skin healthy, make sure you clean your brushes and other makeup applicators regularly.
- It is important to protect your skin from the sun’s rays, even when you have acne. Many times we are afraid to put on a moisturizer with a sun protection factor in case it gives us fat and granites, which is a false myth! Just look for an oil-free moisturizer and don’t be afraid to apply it generously and often to protect your skin.
- Avoid touching your face! When we do, we pass germs from our hands directly to our skin, which can cause bumps to appear.
- We left the infallible advice for last…. can you think of what it might be? You got it right! Don’t touch the pimples! You will only get dirt and bacteria into deeper layers of the skin and even leave scars on the skin.
Perfect Skin Routine For Acne Skin in 4 Steps
- Step 1: Cleanse Your Skin Thoroughly
It’s important to start your skin care routine with a good cleanser, but first of all, remember to wash your hands before applying products to your skin. In this way we will avoid transferring germs to the face.
Don’t forget to not only wipe your face at night before going to bed, but also in the mornings!
Look for a cleanser that suits your skin type. We recommend the Clear Proof Acne Prone Skin Cleanser, as it will help you remove excess oil and help speed up the regeneration process of the skin’s surface.
- Step 2: Complement Your Skin Care Regimen
Although the skin itself has a natural exfoliation process, sometimes this process does not work as well as it should, and oil, bacteria and impurities get trapped inside the pores.
That is why it is recommended to include a mask in our routine, 2 or 3 times a week, to complete the cleansing and achieve healthy skin.
Did you know that activated carbon is known to absorb up to twice its weight in impurities? That’s why charcoal masks are highly recommended for taking the skin one step further than daily cleansing.
We recommend the new Carbon Mask, which acts like a magnet to cleanse clogged pores, instantly absorbs excess oil and reduces shine.
- Step 3: Use Specific Acne Products
Once we have clean skin, we are ready to treat acne in depth!
Salicylic acid products are recommended for acne-prone skin as they act as an exfoliant to help remove dead cells that can clog pores.
This ingredient can be found in different types of more specific products such as a serum or a solution to directly combat granite.
- Step 4: Moisturize Your Skins
Many times we believe that oily skin does not need hydration…this is a mistake! Every skin needs hydration, just make sure you choose an oil-free moisturizer. Don’t forget, never skip the moisturizer! If you don’t know which to choose, we recommend the new Oil-free Moisturizer for acne-prone skin.
Makeup, Your All to Cover The Granites
When it comes to make-up, it’s important to know that the more product you apply, the better you can camouflage imperfections!
To find out how to use makeup if you have granite, here are some tips from Luis Casco, International Makeup Artist for Mary Kay:
- The eyes are the part of the face that most attracts attention, highlighting them can distract from other imperfections.
- Use a light makeup base. We recommend a matte formula for combination to oily skins to avoid shine.
- Then apply a concealer similar to your skin’s natural tone. Use little product, as we can cause the opposite effect if we apply too much and highlight the granite.
Don’t despair and be constant! It’s the success of every skin care routine.